Tuesday, April 5, 2011

How about something different



Barb here - I needed to redo my pumpkin bar recipe card - it was so splattered, grease covered, etc that you could hardly read it anymore. I decided to make a 6 x 6 recipe page for the bars. I used the pumpkin digi image from I Brake For Digis to decorate my page. I cut out one pumpkin to place on the other side of the page to balance the design. I had a large brad there but I did not like that and the small pumpkin seemed perfect to me.

So remember you can use your digi images for other things besides cards.

In case you can't read the recipe - here it is -


PUMPKIN BARS

2 C. Flour 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp. baking powder 2 C. sugar
1 tsp. soda 1 C. salad oil
¼ tsp. salt 4 eggs
2 tsp. cinnamon 1 c. nuts (opt.)
16 oz. can pumpkin

Mix from pumpkin to flour and add nuts.
Bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees in a
12 x 15 x 1 jelly roll pan.

Frosting:

3 ounce pkg. cream cheese
¼ cup margarine or butter
1 tsp vanilla
About 2 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp milk

Beat and frost bars when cool.

1 comment: