Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Butterfly Frenzy






Good morning - Barb here - once again showing you the versatility of using digi stamps and sizing them to your needs.

I am sharing two cards I made using the butterfly image. I have 3 shots of the same card to show all the dimension in the card.

On the first card I used a small version of the butterfly and just stacked them three in a row. They were colored with Copic markers that perfectly matched the patterned paper (that was a happy accident that it matched so well.) I pop dotted the sentiment. This was a card I made over the week end for the virtual cardmaking party on Operation Write Home’s facebook page.

The second card is very dimensional. I used the same image but larger. I first printed it on paper, colored it and cut the image out with a spellbinder. I then colored two more images which I cut out. I bent the two cut out butterflies in the center so they had some dimension and layered them on top of each other on the card – I did post a close up of the butterfly. I really did not have a spot for the sentiment so added it on top slightly hanging over the top edge. I sent this to one of my daughters with her favorite Easter candy. Hopefully she enjoys both. The card is even a little “green” – the ribbon was recycled off of something I received – a plant or gift – I don’t remember – but it was so pretty I could not throw away and there was lots of it – just had to work around the wrinkles in the ribbon.

Everyone have a wonderful day. One more day of work and then I have a long week end. Maybe I will get some more housecleaning done. Hopefully more cardmaking done.

1 comment: