Saturday, February 5, 2011

The BrakeFast Club Challenge #13 - Bookmarks

Hi again everyone!  I have a little project that I created for the challenge just finishing up over at the BrakeFast Club (a new one starts tomorrow).  Chrissy created an excellent tutorial on how to make these corner bookmarks and she has it posted on her blog.  Its so easy to follow that it hardly takes any time at all to make these.  And what I really like about this project - it uses up some of my scraps.  I'm all about using scraps.  They seem to procreate when they're in my cabinet and I end up with more and more each day. :)  Here's a picture of my bookmark (on a book of course):


Supplies:
Stamps: Purse (I Brake for Digis)
Papers: patterned paper (I think its Daisy D, but I got it at the Dollar Store), Recollections cardstock (pink & red), Wausau Exact Index 110# (white cardstock), glitter cardstock (unknown - ordered it a couple years ago from a lady in the UK), paper flowers (Prima), brad (Recollections), rhinestone (Michaels), Wrought Iron corner punch (EK Success), Tulips deep edge punch (EK Success), Butterfly trio punch (Martha Stewart), copic markers


The image used on the bookmark is the Purse image (which you can purchase here).  I think it fits perfectly with the colour scheme I chose for this project.  For some reason, I always make bookmarks with feminine colours.  I know I'll be making more, so I should probably try it with more masculine colours.  Oh well.

You should try making a couple of these.  They're quick & easy.  I have the full details on how the different elements were created on my blog.  Also, don't forget to stop by my blog to get your 10% discount code before you go shopping for this image or any of the other fabulous digis in the store.

Take care...

Cat

2 comments: